Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2023

Lord Franklin

 Den Song spiele ich schon sehr lange, das Arrangement verändert sich immer mal leicht.

 

Lord Franklin


Capo 1


[D]We were homeward bound one night [G]on the deep
[Em]Swinging in my hammock I [A]fell asleep      
[D]I dreamed a [Bm]dream and I [G]thought it [D]true
[Em]Concerning [A]Franklin and his [G]gallant [D]crew

[D]With 100 seamen he [G]sailed away
[Em]To the frozen ocean in the [A]month of May
[D]To seek a [Bm]passage [G]around the [D]pole
[Em]Where all poor [A]sailors do [G]sometimes [D]go.

[Bm]Through cruel hardships they [G]vainly strove
[Em]Their ships on mountains of [A]ice was drove
[Bm]Only the Eskimo with his [G]skin [D]canoe
[Em]Was the only [A]one that [G]ever came [D]through

[D]In Baffin’s Bay where the [G]whale fish blow
[Em]The fate of Franklin no [A]man may know
[D]The fate of [Bm]Franklin [G]no tongue can [D]tell
[Em]And Lord [A]Franklin among his [G]seamen do [D]dwell

[Bm]And now my burden it [Em]gives me pain
[G]For my Lord Franklin I’d [A]sail the main
[D]Ten thousand [Bm]pounds I would [G]freely [D]give
[Em]To know Lord [A]Franklin, and [G]where he [D]is.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen