Sonntag, 14. März 2021

Jamie Raeburn

 

 

 

{t:Jamie Raeburn's Farewell - bearbeitet}
{metronome: 73}
{c:The Tannahill Weavers}
{pause: 15}
No Capo

Intro: Low D, 2x erste Zeile, kurze Pause

My [Bm]name is Jamie [G]Raeburn, in [A]Glasgow I was [Bm]born
My [Bm]place and habitation I’m f[A]orced to leave with [Bm]scorn;
From my [Bm]place and habitation I [D]must now gang [A]awa’
Far [Bm]from the bonnie [G]hills and dales o’ [A]Caledoni[Bm]a

Whistle:
It was [Bm]early in the [G]morning just [A]by the break of [Bm]day,
The [Bm]turnkey he came to us, and [A]unto us did [Bm]say:
A[Bm]rise ye hapless convicts, a[D]rise ye one and [A]a’’,
This [Bm]is the day ye [G]are to stray, from [A]Caledoni[Bm]a


We [Bm]all arose, put [G]on our clothes, our [A]hearts were full o’ [Bm]grief,
Our [Bm]friends who stood around the coach, could [A]grant us no [Bm]relief;
Our [Bm]parents, wives and sweethearts dear, their [D]hearts were broke in [A]twa,
To [Bm]see us leave the [G]bonnie braes, o' [A]Caledoni[Bm]a


Fare[Bm]well my dearest [G]mother, I'm [A]vexed for what I've [Bm]done,
I [Bm]hope no/one cast /[G]up to you the /[A]race  that I have [Bm]run;
I [Bm]hope God will protect you when [D]I am far a[A]wa',
Far [Bm]from the bonnie [G]Hills and dales, o' [A]Caledoni[Bm]a.

Whistle:
Fare[Bm]well my honest [G]father, ye [A]were the best o' [Bm]men,
And [Bm]likewise my ain sweetheart, it's [A]Catherine is her [Bm]name;
No [Bm]more we'll walk by Clyde's clear stream or [D]by the Broomie[A]law,
For [Bm]I must leave the [G]hills and dales, o' [A]Caledoni[Bm]a

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen